CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Membership Account Executive
The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)(6) statewide advocacy organization representing 2,300 businesses and over 500,000 employees across Minnesota. We advocate on a broad array of business issues that affect businesses’ bottom line. Advocacy includes legislative representation at the state capitol, state agencies and the Public Utilities Commission, as well as individual business assistance through our Grow Minnesota! business retention and assistance program. Events and sponsorship programming support our advocacy and membership representation and service. Additional information is available at https://www.mnchamber.com/
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Sell Minnesota Chamber memberships to achieve quarterly and annual goals.
- Set up sales appointments and calls to obtain quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Create plan to build relationships with prospective members.
- Document activities and all contacts with new, current and prospective members in the Microsoft CRM database.
- Attend all weekly sales meetings and provide update on activities.
- Attend networking events to increase centers of influence and new member opportunities.
- Assist in outside functions of the Minnesota Chamber as needed.
- Experience in B2B sales, business development, managing customer relations and/or companies.
- Understanding of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce’s mission and vision and the needs of a statewide, diverse, member-driven organization.
- Professional ability to relate, communicate and sell high-level executive and/or business owners.
- Ability to not only source new member opportunities to sell, but also to close those opportunities within a short period of time.
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office Suite. Must have ability to learn the Chamber’s database software and other technologies for sales presentation and database usage.
- Highly effective communication skills – oral and written.
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing members.
- Must be responsive to current and prospective members’ needs and follow through on all aspects of requests, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as a positive team player in all Chamber activities.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Must exhibit a friendly, positive attitude and be a team player.
Applications should be received prior to February 15 or until position is filled. Application materials should include a current resume and a cover letter of interest supporting your fit for the position with relevant experience. References are not necessary for application at this time but may be requested later in the process. Email submissions with attachments are preferred. Please send to Shawn Zobel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office Manager is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the office and office systems to promote a positive work environment that ensures organizational effectiveness. The Office Manager works to develop and implement practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, collaborative, professional, and high-performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, and standards. The position is responsible for talent management, technology, purchasing, employee concierge and administrative support.
Essential Job Duties:
- Talent Management - In partnership with department managers, coordinate staff recruitment by managing the job postings and job descriptions. Arrange interviews; benchmark compensation (in partnership with compensation consultant); conduct background and reference checks where appropriate, and prepare offer letters. Ensure appropriate onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Administer the performance review process
- Administer employee benefit programs and provide a full understanding of benefits to employees
- Technology - Oversee the maintenance and alterations of office systems. Manage contract services, e.g., office equipment (copier/fax/scan devices, postage machines, phones) and IT support. Manage technology support and needs. Serve as the liaison to outside vendors
- Purchasing – Oversee the cost-effective purchase of office supplies, furniture, office equipment and other items required for a smooth operation of the business
- Employee Concierge – Coordinate recognition of employee birthdays, anniversaries, showers, sympathies and others. Apply employee relations strategies to enhance morale and productivity across the organization
- Administrative Support – General administrative support to Management and staff. Answering the phone and providing receptionist back up coverage. Set up conference rooms for meetings. Update employee handbook, manage internal intranet and staff communications
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain attention to detail
- Ability to identify and address multiple priorities
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative work relationships and provide timely and professional support to all internal employees and external vendors
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to anticipate needs and act proactively
- Strong technology skills
Application materials should include a current resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Please send to Annette Kojetin at email@example.com