CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Minnesota Chamber of Commerce Senior Communications Director
The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce is a 501c(6) statewide advocacy organization representing 2,300 businesses and over 500,000 employees across Minnesota. We advocate on a broad array of business issues that affect businesses’ bottom line. Advocacy includes legislative representation at the state capitol, state agencies and the Public Utilities Commission, as well as individual business assistance through our Grow MN! business retention and assistance program. Events and sponsorship programming support our advocacy and membership representation and service. Additional information is available at https://www.mnchamber.com.
The senior communications director will lead statewide strategic communications development and execution for the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce and its affiliate programs. The senior communications director will manage communications staff and report to the Chamber’s senior vice president, advocacy.
Essential Job Duties
Responsible for the overall communications direction both via traditional and social media channels for the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce including:
- Develop overall media strategy that will advance the Chamber’s objectives and statewide image. Develop communications plans relating to Chamber policy positions, state legislative matters, state economic issues, direct service programs, organization news, events and announcements.
- Aggressively and pro-actively identify opportunities to publicize the organization, its policy recommendations, programs and events to build our reputation as the “voice of business” across various media channels.
- Lead media relations efforts related to Minnesota Chamber’s image, reputation and brand. Identifies spokespersons for media inquiries, identify speaking and other communications opportunities for Chamber president and leadership.
- Develop materials used to reach and obtain new members, stir discussion, and drive traffic to Chamber website and social media platforms. Creative, dynamic writing and proven visual media skills are critical.
- Manage preparation of press releases with SEO links on behalf of the Minnesota Chamber and distribute them to the media.
- Manage and further develop strong and consistent media relations to place commentaries on major issues, pitch story ideas and coordinate meetings of key staff and chamber officers with editorial boards on an ongoing basis.
- Manage production of high quality, informative communications as a benefit to the membership including promoting chamber events, newsletters, niche e-mails including those directed to small businesses and specific industry sectors, and other communications as directed.
- Produce talking points and scripts for events. Assist with preparation of dynamic, Chamber branded presentation materials.
- Serve as the Minnesota Chamber’s public spokesperson as directed.
- Oversee Web content. Oversee the Minnesota Chamber’s messaging and presence in social media.
- Serve as a resource for local chambers in media relations.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience required; 3-5 years communications, media, marketing and/ or public relations experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Appreciation for and understanding of the needs of a statewide, diverse, member-driven organization. Understanding of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce’s mission, vision, and policy positions.
- Ability to work on deadline and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of economic and public policy issues.
- Professional demeanor; ability to respond to inquiries from the media and general public, and ensure timely response by appropriate staff member.
Please submit materials to Maria Larson, Public Policy Assistant, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, email@example.com
Human Resources and Office Manger
The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce is a statewide advocacy organization representing 2,300 businesses and over 500,000 employees across Minnesota. We advocate on a broad array of business issues that affect businesses' bottom line. Advocacy includes legislative representation at the state capitol, as well as individual business assistance through our programs. Events and sponsorship programming support our advocacy and membership representation and service.
The Human Resources and Office Manager (HROM) will have two distinct roles. The HROM is responsible for managing and administering benefits, recruitment and retention efforts, and employee communications.
In addition, the position will oversee and maintain the Chamber's physical assets including leased property, building systems, equipment and furnishing. The position will have oversight of vendor management, project management and will be the point of contact for all staff.
Essential Job Duties
- In partnership with the department managers, coordinate staff recruitment and selection process. Assist with review, evaluation and organization of all incoming employment applications; arrange and conduct interviews; conduct background and reference checks where appropriate; make hiring recommendations and prepare offer letters. Ensure appropriate orientation schedules/meetings for all new employees.
- Evaluate benefit plans during annual benefits renewal periods and administer open enrollment and education processes.
- Apply employee relations strategies to enhance morale and productivity across the organization.
- Provide informative communication to staff regarding HR programs, policies and events.
- Provide a full understanding of Chamber's offered benefits to newly on-boarded staff.
- In collaboration with the Chamber's leadership team, implement, manage and continually evaluate new employees as well as challenge and develop current employees.
- In partnership with compensation consultant, benchmark Chamber's current compensation and benefits.
- Manage contract/lease services, e.g., office equipment (copier/fax/scan devices, postage machines, phones). Partner with the IT Department around technological needs.
- Ensure the breakroom is stocked with supplies and cleaned daily.
- Provide backup support for receptionist as needed.
- Pick up and deliver mail from building mail center.
- Serve as liaison with building management with oversight of landlord provided services, e.g., security, cleaning service, restrooms, parking and common areas.
- Manage the procurement of office equipment, furniture and furnishings.
- Maintain effective working relationships with vendors.
- Manage construction/renovation projects and staff moves/relocations. In the next 18 months, the Chamber will either renovate current space or relocate.
- Prioritize and attend to daily staff requests to ensure the needs of staff are met.
- Communicate policies, procedures, and operational information, notifications, and updates to staff in order to maintain productivity and efficiency throughout the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience. PHR/SPHR certification preferred but not required.
- 3 or more years of progressively responsible experience in the field of Human Resources and/or Office Administration.
- Knowledge of human resources law and regulations.
- Ability to maintain the strictest level of confidence with regards to employee and other sensitive information concerning the Chamber.
- Ability to manage regular workload while simultaneously working on multiple projects, consistently meeting deadlines, and changing directions as necessary to accommodate unanticipated issues that may arise.
- Proficiency in MS Suite.
Commensurate with background and experience in addition to competitive benefits package.
Please submit materials to Annette Kojetin, Vice President, Finance and Administration, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, firstname.lastname@example.org
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency.
The Waste Wise and Energy Smart Program Intern is responsible for a broad range of duties including program outreach, site visit follow-up and program implementation, and maintaining program data base. This position supports the Director and will include a variety of other tasks to help Waste Wise and Energy Smart achieve contract for service goals.
- Survey targeted entities through direct contact outreach to evaluate opportunities and barriers
- Complete site visit follow-up research and other related activities
- Maintain accurate records of follow-up activity and update database accordingly
- Create monthly outreach, program service and other activity reports as needed
- Assist with program communications
- Work on and potentially lead special projects
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Director of Environmental Sustainability Programs
- Preferred 2+ years' experience working in business development and high touch customer service with focus on environmental sustainability issues
- Bachelor's degree with related coursework that includes communications, business, environmental studies, or related
- Computer proficiency with emphasis on data management tools including Salesforce and Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong research background with the ability to accurately gather relevant information and communicate it appropriately and effectively
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Vehicle is required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation
- Able to think out of the box and create opportunities out of challenges
This is a full-time paid temporary position with the potential for a full-time permanent position with benefits. The position includes parking and may involve travel throughout the Twin Cities Metro area. Send application materials to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency. Waste Wise and Energy Smart provide the resources necessary to assist businesses with environmental sustainability programs and initiatives.
The Energy Smart Program Energy Efficiency Specialist is responsible for coordinating and conducting new business outreach and research, conducting on-site energy consultations, maintaining program database, providing Energy Star building benchmarking services and assisting other program staff as needed.Specific duties include:
- Engage the Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking
- In conjunction with the Energy Smart Program Manager, research and identify outreach targets
- Coordinate outreach communication with business groups and associations
- Schedule site visits for the Energy Smart program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site door-knocking
- Conduct on-site energy consultations to identify and encourage implementation of energy efficiency and conservation opportunities
- Know and effectively communicate the details of commercial electric and natural gas utility programs
- Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete waste reduction, reuse and recycling projects
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and update database with program results
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Senior Energy Efficiency Specialist and the Program Director
- 3 – 5 years recent experience in business energy efficiency consulting and business development
- Comprehensive knowledge of energy efficiency opportunities and equipment technology
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, utility representatives and others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage
Relevent information:This is a full-time with benefits. The position includes benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the Director of Environmental Sustainability at the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. Send application materials to Jill Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.292.4653.