CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
SUMMARY: The Policy Administrative Assistant provides a variety of administrative support services for the Senior President of Advocacy, Policy team members, Events, Communications team as well as other departments as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
General Administrative Support for
Policy & Grassroots Team
- Legislative support including bill tracking; legislative correspondence; assisting with compilation of annual voting records.
- Communicates with Minnesota legislators; their staff, as well as other outside agency and business members regarding Chamber events, private meetings and correspondence.
- Assists with grassroots outreach to members which includes ability to work within the Chambers' CRM (database.)
- Elections related support including administration of the Chamber Leadership Fund PAC (PAC board meetings and materials; events; candidate correspondence and endorsements; mailing lists; spreadsheets; and other forms of documentation).
- Maintains government affairs issue files, and other record keeping systems as needed.
- General administrative duties including responding to telephone calls and other inquiries; maintaining reports and file systems.
- Provides back-up support to other support staff when needed, i.e. phones, special events, seminars, large mailings Other duties as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS: We seek a self-motivated candidate, capable of problem solving and working independently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience working as a professional assistant is strongly recommended, with a preference for an individual who has employment experience with the Minnesota Legislature, non-profit organizations, and /or member service organizations.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Excellent editing/proofing skills (grammar, punctuation, vocabulary, spelling). Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to fellow Chamber staff and members.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Presi and mail merging.
Relevent information:This is a part-time position with no benefits. Send application materials to Brenda Beaudet at email@example.com or 651.292.4680.
Job Purporse: The primary focus is to generate revenue through new sponsorship revenue in support of the Minnesota Chamber's communications, programs & events.
- Develop and implement strategies for solicitation, cultivation and increased visibility of sponsors.
- Update sponsorship sell sheets for promotion.
- Develop a prospect list of potential new sponsors.
- Meet with current members to develop engagement strategies.
- Actively pursue non-members interested in sponsorship and sell a membership when necessary.
- Cultivate and upsell current sponsorship relationships.
- Attend and manage sponsors and expectations at events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in B2B sales, business development, managing customer relations and/or companies.
- Understanding of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce's mission and vision and the needs of a statewide, diverse, member-driven organization.
- Professional ability to relate, communicate and sell high level executive and/or business owners.
- Ability to not only source new member opportunities to sell, but also to close those opportunities within a short period of time.
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office Suite. Must have ability to learn the Chamber's database software and other technologies for sales presentation and database usage.
- Highly effective communication skills – oral and written.
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing members.
- Must be responsive to current and prospective members' needs and follow through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as a positive team player in all Chamber activities.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Must exhibit a friendly, positive attitude and be a team player.
Relevant information: This is a full-time position with benefits. Send application materials to Brenda Beaudet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.292.4680.
The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce is a statewide advocacy organization representing 2,300 businesses and over 500,000 employees across Minnesota. We advocate on a broad array of business issues that affect businesses' bottom line. Advocacy includes legislative representation at the state capitol, as well as individual business assistance through our programs. Events and sponsorship programming support our advocacy and membership representation and service.
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency.
The Waste Wise Program Sustainability Specialist is responsible for a broad range of program activities including business recruitment, on-site waste consultations, technical assistance, and service follow-up. Specific duties include:
- Engage the Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking.
- Schedule site visits for the Waste Wise program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site door knocking.
- Effectively communicate waste reduction, sustainability, energy conservation opportunities.
- Perform on-site consultations to identify and encourage implementation of waste reduction, recycling, and organics diversion opportunities.
- Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete waste reduction, reuse and recycling projects.
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and promptly update database with program results.
- Conduct waste reduction, reuse, and recycling research as needed.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Waste Wise Program Manager and MCC Environmental Sustainability Program Director.
- 3 – 5 years recent experience in business environmental sustainability consulting and business development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of waste reduction and business environmental sustainability issues.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, waste hauler representatives and others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software.
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges.
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage.
Relevant information: This is a full-time position with benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the Waste Wise Program Manager. Send application materials to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency. Waste Wise and Energy Smart provide the resources necessary to assist businesses with environmental sustainability programs and initiatives.
The Energy Smart Program Energy Efficiency Specialist is responsible for coordinating and conducting new business outreach and research, conducting on-site energy consultations, maintaining program database, providing Energy Star building benchmarking services and assisting other program staff as needed.Specific duties include:
- Engage the Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking
- In conjunction with the Energy Smart Program Manager, research and identify outreach targets
- Coordinate outreach communication with business groups and associations
- Schedule site visits for the Energy Smart program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site door-knocking
- Conduct on-site energy consultations to identify and encourage implementation of energy efficiency and conservation opportunities
- Know and effectively communicate the details of commercial electric and natural gas utility programs
- Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete waste reduction, reuse and recycling projects
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and update database with program results
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Senior Energy Efficiency Specialist and the Program Director
- 3 – 5 years recent experience in business energy efficiency consulting and business development
- Comprehensive knowledge of energy efficiency opportunities and equipment technology
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, utility representatives and others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage
Relevent information:This is a full-time with benefits. The position includes benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the Director of Environmental Sustainability at the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. Send application materials to Jill Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.292.4653.