Employers understand the need, and do their best to provide quality health care benefits to attract and retain employees. But as insurance costs rise, employers are increasingly forced to make significant changes to their offerings including reducing coverage and dropping coverage altogether. The Legislature should extend the health care reinsurance program.
- Align Minnesota’s health care data privacy laws with federal law.
- Support continued stabilization of the individual market (e.g. reinsurance).
- Oppose destabilizing expansions of government programs.
- Establish an independent Health Policy Commission to identify ways to lower healthcare costs.
- Oppose taxes, mandates and regulations that increase cost.
- Increase efforts to combat opioid abuse.
Link to policy papers: