Employers support sensible regulations that will allow Minnesota to maintain a clean environment and healthy business climate while fostering economic change and growth statewide. Businesses are frustrated by the uncertainty and variability in the time required to process environmental documents. Processes that take weeks in other states can stretch into months – or even years – in Minnesota. The Legislature should continue to improve the environmental review and permitting processes at state agencies.
- Increase efficiency and streamline the environmental review and permitting process.
- Promote communication and coordination among state agencies.
- Avoid duplication of federal and other states’ rules and regulations.
- Support science-based programs and regulations that are subject to legislative oversight.
- Support nonregulatory approaches to waste management and product stewardship.
- Support consistent statewide marketplace, and oppose local packaging, regulations, product take-back programs, bans and fees.
Link to policy papers: